Last Updated on
“Our ancestors used a hammer, we have a better option known as a “Framing Nailer”. We will provide you the best framing nailer you will ever come across online. And the best part is we will explain you everything that you need to know before you buy one for yourself!”
Welcome to Best Framing Nailer Reviews and Buying Guide of 2019. Before considering buying a nailer, we present you the best and well-structured buying guide that will deal with your every panic point. Here we will discuss everything that is important for you to know. No matter if you are building something or putting a large piece of material together for your DIY projects, framing nailers are your perfect companions. From comparison charts to actual user’s reviews, we will help you in saving a lot of time, for money and hassle for buying the perfect nailer.
What is Framing Nailer? A framing nailer is actually a nail gun that reduces a whole lot of manual work that you face in case of hammers. It shoots nails at a much faster speed and much accurately. Framing nailers have a very lightweight and well-balanced so that you can use them in every nook and corner much more efficiently. They come very handy and friendly for you whether you are an engineer, or a construction worker, or a professional carpenter, or even just a simple man who loves to DIY his own home improvements. Most importantly, no more the wounds and smashing your fingertips that happens in case of a hammer.
Framing nailer is the vital part of wood structure construction. You can accomplish the entire woodwork while constructing your home or doing some other home job, without breaking the muscles of your elbows. Many people also use framing nailer for a myriad of jobs for all skill levels as building a deck, putting in a new door or window as well as fixing a roof. Professional construction crews can use them for long-term projects such as framing a house or installing wooden floors, remodeling, outdoor projects and any DIY project.
Best Framing Nailer Reviews and Buying Guide of 2019 will provide you all the answers as well a list of nailers and the best framing nailer reviews and comparison chart. You do not need to worry about delving long hours in finding the right product and analyze the offerings that are available in the market. You will easily choose your perfect framing nailer. Go through this encyclopedia of framing nailers and let this buying guide assist you in selecting your perfect work partner!
Top 5 Best Framing Nailer Reviews
These are top 5 best framing nailer comparison table which will help you to make the best choice for your projects easily:
|Framing Nailer||Power Source||Magazine Capacity||Shipping||Weight||Editor's Rating||Price|
|Hitachi NR90AE(S) 3-1/2" Plastic Collated Full-Head Framing Nailer||Pneumatic||64 Nails||FREE Shipping||7.5 lbs||(4.6 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer||Cordless-Electric||60 Nails||FREE Shipping||8.1 lbs||(4.3 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer||Battery-powered||48 Nails||See on Amazon||7.25 lbs||(4.7 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|Freeman PFR2190 21-Degree Full-Head Framing Nailer||Pneumatic||55 Nails||FREE Shipping||8.5 lbs||(4.5 / 5)||See on Amazon|
|Paslode 501000 F-350S PowerMaster Plus Pneumatic Framing Nailer||Pneumatic||84 Nails||FREE Shipping||7.9 lbs||(4.3 / 5)||See on Amazon|
Best Framing Nailer Reviews
Hitachi NR90AE(S) Framing Nailer Review
– Hitachi NR90AE(S) 3-1/2 inches Framing Nailer strikes a flawless balance between weight to power ratio for a commendable performance in the harshest of the materials and weighs at a mere mass of 7.5 pounds. This is an exceptional expert level device and comprises of several specialized features that provides excellent sense of balance and strength. The best part of this device is that you can operate this device at both bum and sequential mode to achieve the finish quality that you desire. This nailer works perfectly in different types of materials due to its adjustable depth drive feature and also has a removal of nail jamming mechanism for convenient use. To eliminate any risk of damage to the surface or tool due to slipping of the machinery, it comes with an elastomer grip for stronger hold.
If you are looking for working onto something that is quite light and delicate, avoid this product as you might not get the results you wanted. Other than this, it is an exceptional tool for decking or framing purposes.
BOSTITCH F21PL Framing Nailer Review
– BOSTITCH F21PL Round Head 1-1/2-Inch to 3-1/2-Inch Framing Nailer is one of the best framing nailer available in the market. This cordless electric powered framing nailer comes with great features and is soaring the internet with a rating of 4.4 out of 5 from more than 250 happy users. This device can be operated both at sequential as well as bump mode achieving desired results. With a professional warranty of seven years this amazing product is a powerful combo of performance and power. It has a tough magnesium body that lessens wear and tear issues. Additionally it comes with a rubber grip, therefore no chance of slipping away.
Although some of the users have risen an issue of a little troubled triggered. It is just that in order to fire you have to depress the nose a little bit more than the usual ones. Even after saying that, you won’t mind this negligible effort for achieving a flawless performance.
Paslode 902600 Framing Nailer Review
– Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer is a MUST MUST BUY! Almost 88% of its users gave it a 5 stars rating, achieving an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5. An absolute combination of power and accuracy, Paslode 902600 CF325Li Lithium Ion Cordless Framing Nailer is a professional favorite. This Paslode product is a wireless framing tool that does not needs an air compressor and uses a fuel cell instead. Extremely tough and durable, this nailer has withstood harsh conditions and exhaustive time frame of works without any reduction in performance or its superior accuracy. One of its most effective features is that it drives almost 50% more nails per charge.
The only thing to consider is that it could be little heavier on your pocket than other nailers but who will not give away few more bucks for a nailer that is super strong, durable and highly precise! Highly commendable, this product is a total favorite.
Freeman PFR2190 Framing Nailer Review
– Freeman PFR2190 21-Degree Full-Head Framing Nailer is a one of the most pocket friendly framing nailer in this list. It has amazing features like modifiable depth to drive ratio, refined filters for air and a strong exhaust. This helps to increase the efficiency of the project. Like other costly framing nailers in the market, it has a strong and powerful body created by die-cast magnesium that contributes to its surprisingly light weight and a much tough built. A single trigger that can be utilized for both sequential and single firing rounds. To add to its strength and features, its blade is a solidified one piece steel that enhances its durability. Its cylinder is also made up of anodized Aluminum and o-rings are Teflon coated. Its affordability only adds to its reputation of a fine nailer.
Although some users have occasionally experienced a few air leaks in cap area but all in all this product s worth giving a try. Freeman PFR2190 21-Degree Full-Head Framing Nailer is a market leader among others.
Paslode 501000 Framing Nailer Review
– Paslode 501000 F-350S PowerMaster Plus Pneumatic Framing Nailer is an overall amazing expert featured product. It assists you during those irritating nail jamming sessions much easily in comparison to other products in the market. Like other good nailers in this list, it also can function at both continual and bump firing mode. The depth to drive modification can be easily suited according to your requirement and is much better than its competitors. Not only this, this Paslode product uses extremely efficient adhesive collated nails instead of the regular wire collated ones. This simple trick makes it even more efficient and tough even in the roughest materials.
The only downbeat feature is that it is slightly overpriced than the rest of the framing nailers available in the market. Although the package of features that it offers and the user rating of 5 stars of more than 70% of its satisfied buyers is enough to add this item to your checklist.
Best Framing Nailers Summary
This Best Framing Nailer Reviews list is a golden dig for the regular users who are although familiar with this product but haven’t tried any of these yet. If you are yet thinking of owning one, these 5 products will be worth your time, money and effort. We understand if you are reluctant about buying one for yourself but trust us framing nailers not only redefines accuracy and precision but you can literally save hours of manual work that you generally go through.
The best part of having a framing nailer is after you start using, you will experience that not only it saves time but it also trims down wastage and material cost. Usually due to traditional way of building and framing, a lot of materials go to waste. Sometimes, even after you are done with the assembling, somehow you do not get the final results as you have expected. These framing nailers will remove all your worries and will give your project an expert finish.
There is a new combo of framing nailer:
Types of Framing Nailers
There are several varieties of nail guns that exist in the market and they differ from one another in respect of features, deliverables, and affordability. Some may even be different in the powering aspect, their utilization and well as the mechanism of nail installation and many other vital aspects. Therefore it is important that you should be well aware of the types that are available so that you could opt for the best that suits your requirement.
Power Source: Pneumatic vs Cordless
Before you jump to the conclusion of buying a pneumatic or a cordless framing nailer, you must consider many various factors. Decide depending on the following characteristics that each gun has and choose your own gun according to your requirements. There are three main types of framing nailer kits based on their power source:
Pneumatic framing nailers: They are generally power-driven through an air compressor. It is best if you already have an air compressor as buying a new one may result in fetching some extra money. Pneumatic framing nailers distribute steady power, but involve the customer to stay attached to an air compressor for processing of the work. If you have to work on a daily basis with a nailer, go for pneumatic ones as they do not have the hassle of charging them every day. If you are already having your own air compressor make sure that your new nailer matches its PSI.
Cordless framing nailers: Run by battery-powered charging or you need fuel to run the gun, and the air compressor isn’t built-in. They are best for those customers who do not plan on using the nailing gun regularly, especially if you already do not own an air compressor. They offer increased flexibility and hence are popular with those clients that have to work in closed places where a compressor cannot fit in.
Electric framing nailers: Come with two options: cordless and corded electric. Although these are portable tools, the size of the nailer limits the work in tight spaces. These nailers are useful for small projects as well as heavy framing jobs. A corded nailer is more powerful than a cordless one, but you’ll need an extension to move around the machine. You can usually complete the framing job more quickly with an electric nailer than with a pneumatic type
Magazine: Stick or Coil
Nail guns come in different varieties of magazines, especially stick or coil.
Stick magazines: Uses those nails that generally come in longer strips. A strip magazine holds lesser amount of nails as compared to a coil magazine. But the arrangement in stick magazines is so that it provides better balance and better distribution of weight than guns that use coil magazines.
Coil magazines: The nails are fastened together with wires and are arranged with the help of adjustable strings. They hold comparatively more nails than the stick magazines. Their structure offers ample space to fit into closed spaces than stick magazines. If your job involves placing a huge number of nails than a coil magazine is better for you as one magazine holds a larger number of nails and therefore less reloads. However, if you are new or your work involves bump operating or fewer nailing work, opt for stick magazine.
How to choose the Best Framing Nailer
Although we have already discussed a lot of things about framing nailers, these are few simple things that you should keep in mind before buying:
Type of Framing Nailer
There are two types of framing nail gun in the marker: the coil and stick types. Both of these types use a special magazine to store nails with the difference being on the capacity of the magazine. The coil nailers usually have larger magazine capacity than stick nailers. The choice here depends on your personal preferences.
Again, you have to choose between three options: cordless fuel powered, electric powered and pneumatic powered types. The cordless types are powered by fuel or some forms of electric, battery power while the pneumatic types use compressed air. The framing nailer is great for occasional jobs while the latter nailer is great if you plan to use it more often.
In case you chose the pneumatic type then you need to care about the air compressor you purchase to power it. You need to ensure you invest in an air compressor offering at least a 25 gallon capacity tank.
While you search for your favorite nailing gun, look around for those that use round head nails. The reason behind choosing round head over clipped head is that many present building codes have specifications that renovations must be done by round head nails only. Hence for any work around the house, using a gun that uses round head nails is more preferred.
Weight and Comfort
Always remember that choose a lighter guns because you can use them more easily and safely. If your working pattern concerns areas that are at higher elevation from the ground, choose light weight guns as heavier guns can lead to imbalance and can be unsafe for usage. Guns that are compact offer easy movement and are better for getting jobs done.
Price and warranty
There are a variety of professional brands Paslode, Hitachi, Bostitch, Freeman, Porter cable, Dewalt, Bosch, Max. Also another brands available in the market as Senco, Campbell hausfeld, Ridgid, Numax, Ryobi, Craftsman, Milwaukee, Husky, etc… Different companies have different costs and warranty services, so it is very important that you carefully consider their prices and read warranty scheme before buying.
There are a few additional specifications that you must adhere to before buying a gun for yourself.
Depth adjustment: this specification allows you to decide the depth up to which you want to drive the nail without tampering the surface. If you work on different kind of materials, keep an eye for this feature as the depth drive helps you to gauge and put a nail precisely at a chosen depth.
Quick jam clearance: one of the most important specifications of a nailer since these guns tends to jam a lot. These jamming sessions can be time consuming and tedious. Therefore a nailing gun that provides easy jam clearance helps to save time and effort.
Swiveling air connectors: this kind of spinning air connectors are used only for pneumatic nailing guns. If you are using a pneumatic nailer, you will stay connected with the air compressor all the time. So having an easier way to move around with the cord while working is highly recommended. This air connector helps you to move around with your cord freely. It makes your work much more hassle free and saves you from any mishap.
Protective guards: while you will be working with a nailing gun, there will be much debris that will keep on hitting your body and your machine. However you must always wear gears for protecting your body from such debris. But this feature makes it much safer to use the gun and eliminates the chances of any risk related.
Tips of Using Framing Nailer
Prevention is better than cure and hence safety should always be the first thing in your mind while handling a nailing gun.
- If you use for the first time or bought a new brand, go through the instruction manual provided with the gun before you start using it. It will help you to understand about how to use the gun safely and how to maintain your nailer for a longer duration.
- Before you start using it, check extensively for any manufacturing defect as that may cause the gun to malfunction.
- Be sure to have the nails removed and the power disconnected when performing maintenance.
- Never put your hand or any part of your body in front of the nose of the gun.
- Always aim the gun away from you when loading it with nails.
- Never forget to wear your glasses for safety during use to avoid any hazard.
- Nailers are designed in a certain a manner after thorough research. So don’t try to modify your nailer for any reason.
- Do not leave the nailer unattended while it is hooked up, especially around children.
- Use the product only for the recommended uses and applications.
Below is some important tips about the care of properly when using framing nailer:
- Keep the nail gun in a safe location when not in use.
- Be sure to use oil designed for use in frame nailers.
- Tighten all screws and bolts monthly.
- Replace damaged components only with the recommended or manufacturer parts.
- Cleaning the feed system after each use and lubricate the air fitting every day.
- If you use battery operated framing nailer, check the battery periodically to ensure full power at work.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why are framing nailers more expensive compared to other nailers?
2. Some framing nailers have 21, 28 or 31 degree description. Is this important?
3. What accessories are included with my framing nailer kit?
4. My framing nailer arrived damaged. What should I do?
5. Coil or stick magazine. Which is better?
We think now you are impressed enough to replace your old hammer with this modern and effective framing nailer. This Best Framing Nailer Reviews offers you the most comprehensive and thoroughly researched solutions to your most basic issues. It also offers you complete and detailed information of all the pros and cons associated with a framing nailer. This review is also backed up the ratings provided by expert users and are specifically handpicked to offer you the best options to choose from. Always compare your preferred product in the market with its competitors since you might save a penny or costs for sale and find a better alternative. Hope this framing nailer review will assist you in choosing the best framing nailer that suits you the most.